Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Country Wilted Lettuce and special memories..

I was asked yesterday to find a recipe for a co-worker for "wilted lettuce".  I came across this recipe for Country Wilted Lettuce.  I hadn't thought about making this for years.  It brought back memories of my family picking and preparing home grown lettuce for a similar recipe.  Gardening was a big part of our lives when I was growing up.  My mother was a "stay at home" mom and she would freeze and can every summer.  I loved the smells of tomatoes and green beans simmering...waiting to be canned...along with waiting for the jar lids to "pop" while they were cooling.  Special memories...
For everything there is a time and a season...
Image Detail

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, so glad I found your blog! I love your 'about' I feel the very same way. I love the era of a slower - blissful way of life - it is a delight to find a sister in Christ, fellow blogger and now I am your first follower! So excited! I hope you have a blessed week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete