Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Twisted!

On a recent trip to Georgia, my mother gifted me with this quilted tabletopper.  The pattern is called "Twisted".  Mom has been sewing and quilting since she was just a little girl.  Growing up, I don't remember a day that she was not sewing, quilting or shopping for fabric for such.  She made everything from bathing suits for us to suit jackets for my dad.

Mom has never sold her goods for profit, but has reaped lots of compliments from gifting people with her beautiful pieces.  She has a God given talent and she has used it.  Her work is just as beautiful on the back sides as the front.  Thank you mom for being you!

Pattern
Joining:


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful topper! Your Mom is indeed talented, and how lucky you are to benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting is a beautiful art form, your mom is indeed very talented. Thanks for visiting me, please visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful work! It's easy to see how proud you are of your mom as you should be. Sounds like she worked very hard to make your home a special place. My mom used to sew all of our clothes when I was little and even made my Dad a sports coat once. She was just learning to sew then and looks at the pictures of him in it now and laughs that she made him wear it.

    I like to sew and used to make clothes for myself too, but sadly I haven't found the time to do that in a long time. Hopefully some day.

    Thanks for sharing a piece of your home and your mom's talent with us at Your Cozy Home Party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a bit in awe of anyone gifted in sewing. I'm so not. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my new shelves.

    ReplyDelete