Monday, August 6, 2012

Tuesday Moments

google source

I was looking through my books yesterday and came across this one.


Some books are read and passed on and then there are those that we keep for re-reading or for something in them that has touched us.

Sixteen years ago, when I was going through a very traumatic time in my life, my parents gave me this devotional book.  I will always cherish it for the inscription written by my dad.  Dad has always had beautiful penmanship and when this was written, he had not had Parkinson's disease all that long.  Now, at 87, he cannot talk much and writes little due to the Parkinson's.

Several years ago, Dad did a little woodworking as a hobby and this pen is one of the last things he was able to make.  I continue to treasure the simple reminder, but impacting statement made by dad all those years ago.

"I am the vine, you are the branches.  If you remain in me, and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."   John 15:5

2 comments:

  1. Those kinds of things are treasures! I'm glad you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure to have from your daddy. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my gray shelf and white ironstone post.

    ReplyDelete