Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mabel Jane's




Mabel Jane's is named after my grandmother Mabel Jane, that I never knew.  She passed away when I was about four years old.  I don't have any personal recollections...only those that others have shared with me.  I have been told that she was strong in all areas of her life.  A woman with purpose and determination.

I have a love for old buttons and I think that came from Grandma Mabel Jane.  Her beautiful button collection which was hand sewn on velvet covered cards was passed down to a family member and I have some that I treasure.  When I started my blog in June of this year, naming my blog Mabel Jane's was my desire to pay tribute to her and the creative women in my life.

Karen over at My Colonial Home is having a blog "challenge" on how your blog was started and when.  She is a creative lady with a beautiful blog and home.  I'm joining in the fun!




7 comments:

  1. Good evening Pam...what a sweet tribute to your grandmother - and I thank you so much for joining my challenge.
    I never received the link to this post in your e-mail but I will copy and paste it in your e-mail you sent and then you will be entered in my challenge.
    I love your story.
    Good luck kiddo...hope to see you on my blog again.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following my Homespun Hannah's Blog! I am now following you. You have a very good blog. The history about your mother is so nice. I am heading on over to your Etsy shop right now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam..thank you for the wonderful comment. Welcome to My Primitive Creations by Tonya. Happy that you have joined as a follower.
    I love your tribute to your Grandmother. I wish you would have gotten to know her personally sounds like the two of you would have had much to share with each other!

    Prim Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your story and such a beautiful tribute to all the women in your life whose faith you are following! Just started following you!

    Sandy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for checking into my blog and following me. I enjoyed reading your story so much. I did not check your whole blog (in case you have already done this), but I hope you post some pictures of the buttons on velvet covered cards that was passed on to you. What a treasure that must be. I am one of your followers now....will check out your ETSY site next. Smiles, Margaret --Tilly's

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting reason for your 'blog name'... It has been so nice to hear how some blogs got their name and 'meet' new friends. Blessings from the mountains of N.C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and so glad you joined my Blog. Your story is amazing and to give God the glory is the most important thing!
    I will be checking on you also:)
    P.S. I have a old button collection.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete