Saturday, October 6, 2012

All along the Spoon River Drive


The Spoon River Scenic Drive, which is the first two weekends in October is a highlight here in the Midwest.  In past years, it was also a highlight of my parents.  They relocated to Georgia a few years ago, and I know my mother misses the beautiful colors, sights and smells.  This one is for you mom!

This year being unseasonably cooler than most, we enjoyed our Spoon River tenderloin sitting in the vehicle. Now that's traditional...

 You can't go along the drive and not enjoy "kettle korn"



 or....the Methodist Women's "Apple Dumplins".


I had told my husband to be on the lookout for some bittersweet.  After I told him how much it was, he suggested we try growing our own next year.  He's funny!  


We went through several flea markets and antique shops along the way and my best find was a set of 13 American Country books for 10 bucks!


Spoon River ...keeping the tradition...


Hooking up with Sunny Simple Sundays




3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great tradition - beautiful, fun and yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Great deal on the books!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little trip! I have a whole bunch of those blue American Country books - I've thought about getting rid of them, but they are just too neat - a keeper. Sally

    ReplyDelete