Monday, February 4, 2013

Pinterest...Proverbs...and a Package

Last fall I was introduced to Pinterest.  Being a visual person, this avenue of interest has been one that has pulled me in.  Being mindful of mindlessly viewing the millions of Pinterest boards and pinning endless ways to create, decorate and reorganize ones life,  I have tried to limit myself to small increments of Pinterest time.

When I originally started this blog, I had and continue to have the women in my past and present life in mind.  Again, as a tribute to them.  My mother, who is 83, has a Pinterest account.  She has committed for the last few years and the present to care for my father who has Parkinsons.  Not an easy position to be in.  Mom has never been known to be idle (putting it mildly).  Or, to have idle hands.  She amazes me with her God given talent.  God says in his word that we are his "workmanship".  Another word for workmanship is "Masterpiece".  No matter where we are in life or what position we're in, we are His creation.  Beautiful.

Today, I received a package in the mail from mom for my birthday.  She is one of my followers on Pinterest. I'm not much of a dreamer, but I like pinning practical ideas and things that catch my eye.  One thing recently, was this beautiful shawl.  Is it something I would go out and purchase?  Probably not.  But on Pinterest, it's my "style."

Pinterest

In my package was this....


Thanking God for the blessing that she is!

                             Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.  Prov. 31:31  

5 comments:

  1. That is so pretty and I love the color.
    What a sweet mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a precious mom you have. Love the color and the style. I have yet to try Pinterest, I hear it's addicting! Enjoy!
      Blessings,
      Amy
      PS... I just love your blog, so cozy and full of God's Love!

      Delete
  3. What a treasure! I just love it, the color the pattern is really pretty. Hope your doing well, good to see your post. Yes, Pintrest is very time consuming but so is blogging. All things in moneration.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I see that you follow my blog, Berry Homespun Primitives so I wanted to come over here and meet you. I see you are a sister in Christ, thankful for that!

    Love your blog and the way that you came across a blog name, very neat! What a sweet surprise from your mom, I think that is so nice of her. I need to try that with my daughter. =]

    Looking forward to following your blog, nice to meet you my new friend~

    ReplyDelete